Monday, April 29, 2013

Suggestivism Rome

Here's my piece for this year's "Suggestivism," opening this Friday at MondoPOP Gallery in Rome:

"Bower"
Mixed media on paper mounted on cradled panel
8" x 8" x 2"

I was inspired by the male bowerbird, which builds a structure and decorates it with found objects (usually natural, but sometimes man-made if it lives near humans) in order to attract a mate.

Here's the sketch:

Here's the info if you're in Rome and can attend!


Thanks to curator Nathan Spoor for the invitation to participate. I'm honored to be in such company!
PS: You can view my piece from last year's "Suggestivism" here.

1 comment:

S-M-Str said...

Beautiful composition. Among all the decorative items, my attention was attracted by irregular roundels in his arm.

You are very talented - I gonna follow you ;)