Friday, February 10, 2012

A Link to the Past

Hey guys! Here's a sketch I did for a piece I'm planning to submit to a video game zine being put together by Jimmy Giegerich. The zine will feature work by a bunch of artists putting their own spin on their favorite old school 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit video games/characters.

I was torn between doing something based on Mario or The Legend of Zelda, so I thought I'd just combine them into something weird. My idea was that Link caught something during a visit to the Mushroom Kingdom, and he returned to Hyrule with a full-blown infection. Ummm...It sounds really gross when I describe it, but hopefully you like the image:



I'm really excited to work on the final. I'm having a lot of fun with this so far!

11 comments:

Miranda Costa said...

Nice spin- great sketch!

Jules said...

Thank you!

Jacqueline M. said...

Sooo awesome! I look forward to the finished product.

Eytan Zana said...

Awesome!

Jules said...

Thanks guys!

Amber B said...

This is going to be amazing! You are my favorite artist adn I love all of your work!

Jules said...

Thanks so much!

Ericka said...

Beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful work! You are a brilliant illustrator.

Jules said...

Aw, thanks so much!

lostsailors said...

This is such a strange and beautiful piece. Your illustrations are always so haunting, I love it!

Jules said...

Thanks for the kind words, as always!