Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What time is it???

Adventure Time!

Hey guys! As part of The Autumn Society's tribute to Adventure Time, I made a little sculpture of the main characters, Finn and Jake. A lot of the show involves candy in some way, shape, or form, so I decided to turn Finn and Jake into gummy candy:



"Gummy Time!"
Mixed media sculpture (Sculpey, acrylics, and glitter)
Approx. 6.5"

Here are more photos:






Here's the sour gummy version:







Here's a detail shot of the glitter/"sugar":


ALGEBRAIC!
I had a lot of fun with this piece. If you haven't seen Adventure Time, you're missing out. If you're a fan of the show, be sure to check out the other AT tributes on the Autumn Society blog!

11 comments:

BETOWERS said...

It's amazing your work!!!

I love serie of portraits downstair and your animal sculpture!! Really beautiful!

jazzlamb said...

Gee, I was tempted halfway to eat it! It looks lovely! And the dynamism!

Jules said...

Thanks guys!

J. A. W. Cooper said...

So freakin cool... and delicious!

Jules said...

Thanks, Coop!

Miranda Costa said...

Adventure Time! Nicely done.. love it

Jules said...

Thanks!

Kyle T. Webster said...

This is so, so great. And your drawings (paintings) are wonderful. I am so glad I found this blog. You have convinced me to give Sculpey a try. I have been considering it for years as a creative outlet to mess with when I'm not doing illustration.

Jules said...

Thanks so much, Kyle! Your work is wonderful too. And yeah, sculpting is such a fun alternative to drawing so I like to mix it up every once in a while. I'm interested to see what you come up with!

Lockenkopf said...

Hello Julian, 
I'm asking myself if you made just one piece of Finn and Jake or an edition? 

Jules said...

Hi there! Actually it's a one-of-a-kind sculpture!