Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"The End" is near



That's right, folks. Mark your calendars for my upcoming show "The End," opening September 9th at WWA Gallery in Culver City. You can see one of my pieces, "Fallout," in the banner above. Here's my artist's statement, in which I throw around a bunch of fancy words to sound artsy or whatever:

"'The End' is about love and heartbreak, destruction and regrowth. It showcases the melodrama of a crumbling relationship over the backdrop of the apocalypse. The focus is on desolation at a smaller, more intimate scale rather than at the world-wide level, but the dissolution of a personal connection and the end of the world play out as parallel events, accompanied by the heightened emotions and uncertainty that they both elicit."

In short, it's about heartbreak and the apocalypse (that's what you can tell your mom and all your friends when you invite them to the show. You're bringing all of them, right? Cool).

I will be sharing the gallery with the lovely and talented Jeni Yang and her show, "Infusion."
Hope to see all you wonderful people at the opening! GET EXCITED!

1 comment:

J. A. W. Cooper said...

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!! I can't wait. I just peed a little... and I'm in public.