Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ink & Ink

I just got back from watching some friends get tattoos. So much ink! I thought it would be very appropriate to post this painting I just finished the other day:



"Ink II"
Ink (ha!) and acrylic on paper
8" x 8"

This piece was commissioned by the wonderful photographer Chloe Aftel. We've actually been planning a photo-shoot together, but first I gotta make a really cool mask to wear... Maybe something weird and alien-like, in the same vein as some of my more recent nautical or spacey paintings? We'll see. Hopefully the shoot happens some time in August, so I'll post more about it then.
Anyway, hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

Lucas Alan Pinto said...

This remembers me of the petroleum leak.
In any case, this picture is interesting. I like very much your style.

Danielle Buerli said...

JULIAN! You are amazing!

Jules said...

Thanks Lucas! I was very conscious of the visual connection between the ink and the oil.

Danielle: No, YOU are amazing!

allie said...

LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
LOVE

LOVE

Jules said...

YAY! <3<3<3

mobot said...

is she alergic to sea food?

nic said...

So beautiful...