Monday, July 12, 2010

Crazy 4 Cult 4

Here's my "Harold and Maude"-inspired piece for this year's Crazy 4 Cult at Gallery 1988. But first, some work-in-progress shots (sorry for the poor quality photos...I may or may not have been sleep-deprived during the entire process of making this sculpture):









I realize I should've taken more progress shots, as the sculpture went through MANY stages. Oh well...next time!
Anyway, here's the final piece:



"Hung Up On You"
Mixed media sculpture
About 12" tall
Inspired by "Harold and Maude"

Here it is with some dramatic lighting:



I'm planning on taking some better photos of the finished piece at the gallery at some point during the run of the show. By the way, the show is up until July 30th, so check it out if you haven't already. I was blown away by all the amazing pieces...don't miss it!

7 comments:

lostsailors said...

Ah, I saw this on the gallery's site! Absolutely wonderful as always.

Anthony Young said...

Julian, this is awesome :D

Maco said...

Its a great work!!!, just the banjo belt should be under the right arm, this is not to make a bad comment, I think like artist we like other artist view of detail. anyway Congratulation for a such a Nice Job.

le pearl said...

Amazing work!

Jules said...

Thanks guys! I spent many sleepless nights on it, but it was also really exciting to see it go through all its stages. Glad people are liking my sculptures!

Maslo said...

Even though I haven't seen this movie (there are a good few cult films on my "To See" list), I still think this is super cool! :D I can't wait until I'm able to actually go to these awesome art shows!

Giselle said...

Oh my gosh I love this piece! Especially when Harold and Maude is one of my favorite movies! Great art work!