Friday, May 7, 2010

Into the Unknown

Tonight is the opening of my show "Into the Unknown," in the Project Room of WWA Gallery. If you're interested in the concept behind the show, you can read this interview I did with Industrial Squid.
Here are the pieces!


"Into the Unknown"
Ink, acrylic, and gouache on paper mounted on wood
18" x 24"


"Self / Reflection"
Ink, acrylic, and gouache on paper mounted on wood
Both 8" x 8"


"Inner Space"
Ink, acrylic, and gouache on paper mounted on wood
18" x 24"


"More Questions Than Ever"
Mixed media on paper mounted on wood (outer space parts are glossy)
12" x 12"


[Photo courtesy of Industrial Squid]
"Our Intrepid Explorer"
Mixed Media Sculpture
About 6" tall

I hope you can make it to the opening! It's tonight from 7pm-10pm at WWA Gallery in Culver City. Be sure to check out Rey Ortega and Rob Corless in the main gallery. All work will be up until June 5th.

If you're interested in purchasing work, please visit this link. As I write this, the only piece available for purchase from my set is "Inner Space," so get it while it's hot!

See you tonight!

12 comments:

allie said...

GAHHHHH so beautiful!! I want that sculpture so bad....

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Oh my goodness, you've all but sold out and the show hasn't even opened yet! Congratulations Julian, this is a wonderful collection of work!

lostsailors said...

That sculpture, well all the pieces, but I love that 3-D piece. Breathtaking. I would do anything to have such a thing in my life! I am sad, I came too late to the party though, looks like all the pieces are sold!

twchrist said...

Such outstanding artwork.

DaVX said...

Jules I am so glad I got to see your work in person. So beautiful! great job! Especially a fan of the sparkly matte medium. btw lets go grab some rainbow yogurt and barf rainbows. Pride.

Renrut said...

Jules I am so glad I got to see your work in person. So beautiful! great job! Especially a fan of the sparkly matte medium. btw lets go grab some rainbow yogurt and barf rainbows. Pride.

Jules said...

Thanks so much guys!

Marcos Mateu said...

Fun, playful and dynamic style!

Heavy D said...

Loving the fact that it was a character's journey... and I am also super sad that it was all sold out... the sculpture is superb! Have you thought of maybe expanding on the exhibition and creating more sculptures?

Jules said...

Heavy D: Thanks! And if I ever get another opportunity to show a sculpture I just might take it! It was kind of a struggle to make this one, but it was also a good learning experience. I was happy with how it turned out in the end.

jazzlamb said...

The more I see your work, The more I feel the need to acquire all of it, and the more I love you for keeping people like us inspired! The colors are RAD!!! I love all the pieces. And the sculpture is so so lovely, I can't describe it in words.

Jules said...

Thanks for all the kind words, jazzlamb!