Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Push It Good

This is the painting I did for this year's "Paper Pushers" show at Gallery 1988 San Francisco. After a terrible case of artist's block, I'm finally happy with the outcome.



"Adrift"
Ink, acrylic, and gouache on paper
11" x 17"

This is probably one of the most personal works I've done, but I managed to keep it open to interpretation as well as in the same vein as my previous work.
It will be for sale at the "Paper Pushers" show, which opens Friday, December 11th (opening reception will run from 7 - 10pm). Hope you can make it if you're in the area!

5 comments:

Albatross said...

Gorgeous piece. Very interesting!

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Ahhhh! At last! Wow, this is so gorgeous I wish I wasn't broke so I could snatch it up. You're amaaaaazing.

al mackay said...

This is really beautiful Jules! I'm guessing it's not hugely happy though! Your work always makes me want to run away from work with some paint :) Stunning stuff

Jules said...

Thanks a lot guys! Glad you like it!

Michela said...

beautiful and grotesque!
very good job!! :)