Saturday, November 28, 2009

Power in Numbers

Here are my pieces for "Power in Numbers 4" at Gallery Nucleus. Each piece in the show is 5"x7" and priced at $100, with a portion of the night's sales going to the American Red Cross.

I've been feeling listless and frustrated lately, not to mention I've had a major case of artist's block, so these pieces are an expression of that. I decided to do something simple so as not to stress myself out. I think they lack some of the subtlety and complexity of a lot of my other work, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless:


"oh"


"okay"


"FINE"


"sigh"


The listless series
Each: Ink on paper mounted on wood
5" x 7"
[Note: The faces on black are drawn with shiny silver ink]

The opening reception is December 12th, from 7 - 10pm. Hope you can make it, show some support, and maybe even purchase a piece.

3 comments:

Michela said...

Very funny!

perezvila™ said...

Hello Jules.
I like your work, very much. Congratulations.

Jules said...

Thank you!