Monday, July 27, 2009

LA Weekly

Here's my first illustration for LA Weekly, for the week of July 24th-29th, in the LA Vida section. The brief was simple enough: create an image inspired by Los Angeles. I immediately thought of palm trees, traffic, food, Hollywood, and the beach. After the first idea was chosen, it developed into a sort of Alice-in-Wonderland-inspired piece...but instead of Wonderland, Alice is immersed in the equally odd la-la land that is Los Angeles.






"Alice in LA-LA Land"
Ink and acrylic on paper
12.5" x 7.5"

[AD: Darrick Rainey, Asst. AD: Jason Jones]

I'll be a semi-regular contributor to the LA Vida section of LA Weekly. My "visual column" is called LA-LA Land, and with it I'll be exploring the strange and eccentric aspects of Los Angeles that make the city so unique. Look out for it!

2 comments:

Thomas Lynch III said...

nice palm trees!

allie said...

FUCK. YEAH.

YOU DOG YOU!!!!!

congrats on the awesome gig. can't wait to see it in print!