Friday, April 10, 2009

Benefit Auction

I finally finished that giant painting I said I would do over the summer...except I kind of gave up on the giant version and instead opted to make a 24"x18" version. Hey, at least the illustration got done in some form...
Anyway, this piece is for the Otis Scholarship Benefit Auction. It's about dreams! Yay! See previous post for the sketch and more of my blabbering: http://juliancallos.blogspot.com/2008/06/sketch-for-big-summer-painting.html



"What Develops"
Ink and acrylic on board
24"x18"

9 comments:

Mer-curial-maiden said...

absolutely beautiful

Skulldaggery said...

yeah I haven't commented yet although I think I told you what I think, but this is very very very great. like amazingly great.

aramas said...

wow. Ive just come across your blog. Some serious talent! I love his piece especially :) Look forward to seeing more awesome stuff

Hank said...

Jules,

This work is absolutely beautiful. The kid with the Polaroid and the imagery that is escaping/revealing is just cool.
Are you planning any prints of this work?

jazzlamb said...

You have a killer composition sense!
I love the colors. It looks really loverrly!

Kaveri-on-the-moon said...

This is is de-vine!
I love the slow explosion of colour and objects that happens in the right side.

tifsong said...

you are remarkable. do you have any of these for sale? mini versions?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but your work is so heavily influenced by Jean James that I almost feel you should be sending him checks.

MarĂ­a Juliana Yepes Burgos said...

Love this!...Congratulations your work is remarkable!